Residence Services Lead
Position Summary and Job Magnitude
The Residence Services Lead is responsible for complimenting the role of the Residence Services Supervisor and may be delegated supervisory responsibilities. The RSS will primarily work out of the Front Desk and will carry out tasks to help ensure that all daily front desk procedures are performed.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Oversee and supervise the operations of the front desk and related staff
- Establish a plan or routine for the night desk clerk and/or security
- Inspect and maintain the physical plant to the appropriate standards
- Complete administrative work as assigned
- Perform room inspections and develop ways to increase standards of service
- Help in the design of contracts and form letters
- Have the ability to step into the role of “Manager on Duty” form time to time.
- Assist in training and developing of staff
- Have excellent people skills and the ability to write effective letters
- Maintains a team atmosphere within the organization
- Help organizing the office to ensure all files and information are easily found
- Ensure that any conflicts are dealt with properly and immediately
- Perform accounting functions as assigned, including daily balancing and month end activities
- Have the ability to create and adapt to new ideas and changes
- Be flexible to work various hours, including weekend work, to cover the needs of the business
- Be adaptable to various management situations
- that may be considered stressful or difficult from time to time.
Health & Safety
- Requires employees work in the manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the OHSA, regulations and Campus Living Centres (e.g. wearing safety shoes, confining hair, jewelry or loose clothing around moving parts, etc).
- Ensures employees are advised of and trained on the existence of any potential or actual danger to their health or safety of which the supervisor is aware.
- Ensures every precaution reasonable in the circumstances is taken for the protection of an employee.
- Supports a safe work environment that is free from any violence or harassment.
- Reinforces and demonstrates a positive “health and safety” attitude and working climate and holds information sessions with staff on health and safety issues.
- Develops an effective working relationship with JHSC members and supports their role.
- Performs informal workplace inspections daily and formal workplace inspections quarterly, including staff observations.
- Makes every reasonable attempt to resolve any employee health and safety concerns.
- Conducts effective Incident Investigations and reviews all forms, ensuring these are discussed at management meetings.
- Corrects any substandard or unsafe acts or any unsafe conditions and informing superiors of concerns
- Ensures that a maintenance program for any equipment and machinery in the workplace is carried out.
- Implements emergency plans when necessary and ensures that employees have been properly trained to comply.
- Regularly evaluating employee performance and providing periodic feedback with respect to health and safety.
Performance will be primarily measured on the following factors:
- Performance Objectives
- Inter-Personal Skills
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Self-Development and Appraisal
- Health & Safety Responsibilities
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Campus Living Centres policy to promote equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Campus Living Centres does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin,
ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status or sexual orientation.
Campus Living Centres prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the grounds listed above. This applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and promotion.
Not only is Campus Living Centres committed to workplace diversity, Campus Living Centres provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
Recognized College Diploma or University Degree
Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills
Must possess superior attitude towards learning
Must be able to handle multiple projects at once
Must be able to provide leadership to staff
Minimum of 1 year industry experience or equivalent management experience
Base pay and other compensation are dependent on location, level, function, and a number of other factors. Annual performance reviews give employees the opportunity to earn increases in their base pay, and in some cases, annual bonuses. Some functions, such as sales, have a component of their pay based on commission.
Our benefit program provides our employees with a comprehensive plan designed to give you and your family peace of mind. You should not have to worry about things like your health, and we will do whatever we can to help. Some of the benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive Drug and Medical Coverage
- Dental Insurance Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Company-Sponsored Retirement Plans (RPP)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Comprehensive Campus Living Centres Training