Housekeeping Services Representative
*This position is based out of the Thompson Rivers University Residence - Upper College Heights.
Position Summary and Job Magnitude
The Housekeeping Services Representative interacts with students and guests frequently. It is imperative that they are friendly and patient and demonstrate a high degree of customer service in all situations. Housekeeping Service Representatives are responsible for cleaning student/guest rooms and maintaining cleanliness standards in all assigned cleaning areas.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Maintain an up to date and accurate list of supplies on hand
- Inform manager or supervisor when supplies are running low
- Cleaning of all common areas that may be assigned by floor or section, including:
- Common restrooms
- Common lounges, kitchens, and laundry rooms
- Furniture and fixtures
- Storage rooms
- Inspect rooms for damages and maintenance problems during cleaning and report any deficiencies appropriately.
- Ensure rooms are properly stocked with amenities
- Expected to clean 15 guest rooms per day
- Organize housekeeping cart prior to leaving at the end of the day
- Other duties as assigned
Health & Safety
- Works in compliance with the provisions of the OHSA, regulations and internal policies and procedures and reports any contraventions to their supervisor
- Uses or wears the equipment, protective devices or clothing that Campus Living Centres requires
- Reports to the appropriate supervisor(s) any hazards, missing or defective equipment or protective device which could endanger any person
- Does not engaging in any prank, contest, feat of strength, unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct
- Reports any risks or potential risks of violence or harassment encountered in the workplace immediately to supervisor
- Knows, understands and implements safe work practices and procedures and employs established rules and procedures for handling materials, equipment and processes (eg. Reporting unlabelled containers, using proper lifting techniques, etc.)
- Requests that worn out or defective equipment be replaced, when appropriate
- Uses equipment and materials only in the manner intended
- Reports any injuries, incidents and unusual conditions immediately to supervisor
- Inspects the work area and equipment daily and reports any hazards immediately to supervisor
- Attends all required health and safety training programs (e.g. WHMIS, orientation), and applies knowledge to daily operating procedures at Campus Living Centres
Performance will be primarily measured on the following factors:
- Inter-Personal Skills
- Customer Service
- Skill & Knowledge
- Quality of Desired Results
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Organizing & Planning
- Overall Performance
- Health & Safety Responsibilities
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Campus Living Centres policy to promote equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Campus Living Centres does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin,
ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status or sexual orientation.
Campus Living Centres prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the grounds listed above. This applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and promotion.
Not only is Campus Living Centres committed to workplace diversity, Campus Living Centres provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
High School Diploma or greater
Must possess ability to perform physical tasks
Must possess superior positive attitude
Must possess the ability to work in a team environment
Must be able to take direction from supervisors
Minimum of 1 year industry experience in similar role an asset
Base pay and other compensation are dependent on location, level, function, and a number of other factors. Annual performance reviews give employees the opportunity to earn increases in their base pay, and in some cases, annual bonuses. Some functions, such as sales, have a component of their pay based on commission.
Our benefit program provides our employees with a comprehensive plan designed to give you and your family peace of mind. You should not have to worry about things like your health, and we will do whatever we can to help. Some of the benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive Drug and Medical Coverage
- Dental Insurance Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Company-Sponsored Retirement Plans (RPP)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Comprehensive Campus Living Centres Training