Residence Services Supervisor
*This position is based out of the Niagara College Residence-Welland Campus.
Position Summary and Job Magnitude
The Residence Services Supervisor is responsible for supervising all duties of the front desk, insuring a high quality of service delivery and capability to resolve various magnitudes of day to day challenges that flow through the front desk. They are the liaison for all inter-department communications, requiring excellent communication and leadership skills. The Residence Services Supervisor will also compliment the role of the Residence Service Manager or General Manager, specifically with day to day operational tasks conducted through the front desk and business office.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Oversee and supervise the operations of the front desk and Residence Services Representative staff.
- Establish a plan or routine for the night audit and /or security staff.
- Complete administrative work as assigned.
- Perform front desk responsibilities from time to time including: Check in/out, settling accounts, resolving disputes.
- Participating in rotating ‘on-call’ schedule on evenings and weekends and responding to facility, student and guest emergency or crisis situations
- Have the ability to step into the role of “Manager on Duty” from time to time.
- Assist in training and developing of staff.
- Have excellent people skills and the ability to write effective letters.
- Maintains a team atmosphere within the organization.
- Help organizing the office to ensure all files and information are easily found.
- Ensure that any conflicts are dealt with properly and immediately.
- Perform accounting functions as assigned, including daily balancing and month end activities
- Have the ability to create and adapt to new ideas and changes.
- Be flexible to work various hours, including weekend work, to cover the needs of the business.
- Be adaptable to various management situations that may be considered stressful or difficult.
- Other duties as assigned.
Health & Safety
- Require employees to work in a safe manner, using any provided protective devices, following all measure and procedures that are required by the Government Legislation and Campus Living Centres.
- Ensure employees are advised of and trained on the existence of any potential or actual danger to their health or safety of which the supervisor is aware.
- Ensure every precaution reasonable in the circumstances is taken for the protection of an employee.
- Support a safe work environment that is free from any violence or harassment.
- Reinforce and demonstrate a positive “health and safety” attitude.
- Hold information sessions with staff on health and safety issues.
- Develop an effective working relationship with JHSC members and support their role.
- Perform informal workplace inspections daily and formal workplace inspections quarterly.
- Make every reasonable attempt to resolve any employee health and safety concerns.
- Conduct Incident Investigations and ensure these are discussed at JHSC and management meetings.
- Correct any substandard or unsafe acts or any unsafe conditions and reporting concerns.
- Ensure that a maintenance program for any equipment and machinery in the workplace is carried out.
- Implement emergency plans when necessary and ensure that employees have been properly trained.
- Regularly evaluate employee performance and provide periodic feedback with respect to health and safety.
Performance will be primarily measured on the following factors:
- Performance Objectives
- Inter-Personal Skills
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Self-Development and Appraisal
- Health & Safety Responsibilities
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Campus Living Centres policy to promote equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Campus Living Centres does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin,
ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status or sexual orientation.
Campus Living Centres prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the grounds listed above. This applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and promotion.
Not only is Campus Living Centres committed to workplace diversity, Campus Living Centres provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
Recognized College Diploma or University Degree
Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills
Must possess superior attitude towards learning
Must be able to handle multiple projects at once
Must be able to provide leadership to staff
Minimum of 1 year industry experience or equivalent management experience
Base pay and other compensation are dependent on location, level, function, and a number of other factors. Annual performance reviews give employees the opportunity to earn increases in their base pay, and in some cases, annual bonuses. Some functions, such as sales, have a component of their pay based on commission.
Our benefit program provides our employees with a comprehensive plan designed to give you and your family peace of mind. You should not have to worry about things like your health, and we will do whatever we can to help. Some of the benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive Drug and Medical Coverage
- Dental Insurance Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Company-Sponsored Retirement Plans (RPP)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Comprehensive Campus Living Centres Training