Maintenance Services Lead
*This position is based out of the Seneca King Campus
Position Summary and Job Magnitude
The Maintenance Services Lead will be actively involved in tasks related to building maintenance, and developing preventative maintenance routines, capital planning and managing projects. This position should understand basic engineering, building systems, building repairs and be able to lead other Maintenance staff if required.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
Preventative maintenance is necessary for all aspects of keeping the building running smoothly. Some of the responsibilities involved with this position include but are not limited to:
- Oversees preventative maintenance throughout the property to ensure standards are maintained for guest comfort and the safe and efficient operation of all equipment.
- Ensures completion and appropriate reporting of all fire alarm testing, kitchen suppression system testing and other fire equipment maintenance as required by provincial and company standards.
- Frequently communicates with management regarding the use of contractors, controlling expenditures, planning of capital projects and completing tasks to a high standard.
- Audits the facility in order to ensure that building systems are in working order and compliant with building codes.
- Develops capital plans and sourcing replacement components for systems that have reached the end of their operational life cycle.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes projects with an emphasis on achieving objectives within deadlines, focusing on quality and fiscal results.
- Develops maintenance routines and ensures compliance with maintenance routines in order to ensure an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Ensures that all areas of the facility are clean and ensure proper janitorial routines are created in order to maximize the serviceable life of the finishes.
- Leads maintenance department staff. This includes, holding regular staff meetings, ensuring effective use of personnel and fostering a team environment.
- Evaluate staff performance and insure compliance with key performance indicators.
- Ensures all staff members are competent in the safe and effective use of equipment and chemicals.
- Daily checks of the building and equipment
- Greasing bearings, replacing filters and belts on various equipment as per the maintenance schedule
- Check utility meters on daily basis to monitor consumption.
- Check standpipes and fire panel on a daily basis
- Check all fire extinguishers are at their proper levels and intact
- Keep detailed records of all maintenance and inspections
- Replacing or repairing burnt out lights and fixtures
- Moving furniture and appliances
- Basic plumbing repairs and replacements, including unclogging toilets
- Fixing damaged sections of drywall
- Maintaining interior finishes, including vinyl wall coverings and painting
- General janitorial tasks such as garbage collection, spill cleanups, and others as required
- Keep detailed records of all work
- Climbing ladders
- Moving appliances and furniture
- Repetitive lifting of up to 60lbs
- Cardio vascular endurance for tasks such as snow removal and climbing stairs
- Working in confined spaces, including lying on their side or working on their knees for up to 30 minute.
- Ability to grip and manipulate basic hand tools and parts
- Hand dexterity and fine motor skills for working with small parts
- Repetitive reaching or working above their head
- Majority of the working day spent standing conducting repairs and maintenance
Health & Safety
- Requires employees work in the manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the OHSA, regulations and Campus Living Centres (e.g. wearing safety shoes, confining hair, jewelry or loose clothing around moving parts, etc).
- Ensures employees are advised of and trained on the existence of any potential or actual danger to their health or safety of which the supervisor is aware.
- Ensures every precaution reasonable in the circumstances is taken for the protection of an employee.
- Supports a safe work environment that is free from any violence or harassment.
- Reinforces and demonstrates a positive “health and safety” attitude and working climate and holds information sessions with staff on health and safety issues.
- Develops an effective working relationship with JHSC members and supports their role.
- Performs informal workplace inspections daily and formal workplace inspections quarterly, including staff observations.
- Makes every reasonable attempt to resolve any employee health and safety concerns.
- Conducts effective Incident Investigations and reviews all forms, ensuring these are discussed at management meetings.
- Corrects any substandard or unsafe acts or any unsafe conditions and informing superiors of concerns
- Ensures that a maintenance program for any equipment and machinery in the workplace is carried out.
- Implements emergency plans when necessary and ensures that employees have been properly trained to comply.
- Regularly evaluating employee performance and providing periodic feedback with respect to health and safety.
Performance will be primarily measured on the following factors:
- Inter-Personal Skills
- Customer Service
- Skill & Knowledge
- Quality of Desired Results
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Organizing & Planning
- Overall Performance
- Health & Safety Responsibilities
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Campus Living Centres policy to promote equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Campus Living Centres does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin,
ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status or sexual orientation.
Campus Living Centres prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the grounds listed above. This applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and promotion.
Not only is Campus Living Centres committed to workplace diversity, Campus Living Centres provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
High School Diploma, Recognized College Diploma preferred
- Knowledge of commercial electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems
- Must be competent with general physical plant repairs
- Must possess positive attitude towards work and learning
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at once
Minimum of 2 years industry experience in similar role an asset
Base pay and other compensation are dependent on location, level, function, and a number of other factors. Annual performance reviews give employees the opportunity to earn increases in their base pay, and in some cases, annual bonuses. Some functions, such as sales, have a component of their pay based on commission.
Our benefit program provides our employees with a comprehensive plan designed to give you and your family peace of mind. You should not have to worry about things like your health, and we will do whatever we can to help. Some of the benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive Drug and Medical Coverage
- Dental Insurance Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Company-Sponsored Retirement Plans (RPP)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Comprehensive Campus Living Centres Training